Monday, February 11, 2008

Changes

One of the biggest changes I've noticed in myself over the past year and a half of training is how I walk. Now let me begin this by saying I was/am fortunate to have come into the FPTP without major body issues. Other than being bucked/thrown from my horse, I've never really had any physical trauma nor do I have any debilitating diseases.
It is a bit difficult to describe this change. Sometimes I feel it is as if my hips have taken on a life of their own and are moving independently of my intention. Other times I just feel very limber. After having thought about it for awhile, I've decided that what is really happening is I'm using my old level of effort with my new, easier body. Okay, let me try to say that again. The long explanation is that as a result of the FPTP, I've learned to put less effort into holding my torso immobile but I haven't changed the amount of effort I push away from the ground with. What once was enough just to propel me forward, now seems like too much push and makes me feel all wiggly when I walk. This is a good thing I think, now just to stop wasting so much effort pushing with my feet.

No comments: